- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes Plus 1 hr for marinating
- Effort: easy
For the mango puree
- 1 mango, peeled and stone removed
- ½ limes, juice only
For the grilled prawns
- 1 stalk lemongrass, roughly chopped
- 2 cm ginger, diced
- ½ jalapeño chillies, deseeded and diced
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lime, juice and zest only
- 12 large tiger prawns, shelled and de-veined
For the melon salad
- ¼ watermelon, flesh only
- ½ honeydew melons, flesh only
- ½ Charentais melons, flesh only
- ½ galia melons, flesh only
- pata negra Jabugo ham
- handfuls micro leaves
Tips and Suggestions
You can substitute Jabugo ham with any cured ham of your choice, such as prosciutto or Serrano ham.
1. For the mango puree: roughly chop the mango and place into a food processor with the lime juice. Blend to a smooth paste, then set aside.
2. For the prawns: using a pestle and mortar or food processor, crush together the lemongrass, ginger and chilli. Add the olive oil and lime zest. Mix well to combine and scrape the mixture into a mixing bowl. Stir in the prawns, coating evenly in the marinade. Put into the fridge to marinate for at least 1 hour.
3. For the melon salad: roughly chop the melons into varying shapes and sizes. Reserve a third of the melons and blend in a food processor to create a juice to accompany the finished dish.
4. To prepare the prawns, grill them for 2-3 minutes on each side, until they turn pink and are cooked through. Squeeze over the lime juice and set aside.
5. To serve, pile the melon salad onto a plate, then place the grilled prawns on top. Arrange the ham around the plate, and add a dollop of the mango puree on the side. Serve with a glass of melon juice.
Rate This Recipe