- Serves: 1
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 200 g rib-eye steaks
For the sauce
- 1 glasses full-bodied red wine
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1-2 tbsp meat glaze or beef stock
- 50 g roquefort cheese
- 1 sprigs thyme
- 3 tbsp double cream
For the dauphinoise potatoes
- 100 g waxy potatoes, thinly sliced, but not rinsed
- 150 ml whipping cream
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 tsp freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/gas 3
2. To make the sauce: heat the wine and shallots in a pan and bring to the boil. Cook steadily until reduced by a third.
3. Add the meat glaze and Roquefort to the pan and cook gently until the cheese has melted.
4. Stir in the double cream.
5. To make the dauphinoise potatoes: place the sliced potatoes in a baking dish.
6. Put the cream, bay leaf and garlic into a pan and season with salt and pepper.
7. Bring to the boil and remove from the heat.
8. Pour the mixture over the potatoes and mix well.
9. Sprinkle with nutmeg and cook in the oven for 30-40 minutes until the potatoes are cooked.
10. To cook the steak: heat a griddle pan or frying pan until hot.
11. Season the steak with salt and pepper cook in the hot griddle pan until done to your liking.
12. Allow to rest for 5-10 minutes.
13. To serve: place the steak onto a plate, spoon over the sauce. Serve with the potatoes.
Rate This Recipe