- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 heads Treviso radicchio
- 5 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 4 rump steaks, about 200g each
- 1 tbsp chopped flat-leaf parsley
1. Preheat a griddle pan until smoking.
2. Cut the bases from each head of radicchio and separate the leaves. Drizzle over 2 tablespoons of olive oil and the juice of half a lemon. Cook for 2 minutes on each side, then remove and drizzle over another 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Set aside until ready to serve.
3. Quarter the remaining whole lemon and cook the quarters on the griddle for 1 minute on each side. Set aside until ready to serve.
4. Put the steaks between sheets of cling film and bash with a rolling pin until very flat. Season with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper and rub with a little of the remaining oil. Sprinkle a pinch of flaky sea salt over the griddle pan and cook the steaks for 1 minute on each side.
5. Mix together the remaining olive oil, the juice from the remaining half lemon and the parsley.
6. Put the radicchio on warmed serving plates, top with the steaks and spoon over some of the dressing. Serve with the grilled lemon wedges.
Rate This Recipe