- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the salsa:
- 8 tomatoes, skinned, deseeded and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely sliced
- 3 spring onions, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp basil, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp raspberry vinegar or red wine vinegar
- 4 tbsp olive oil
For the fish:
- 6-8 large sprigs of rosemary
- 8 fresh sardines
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- 1-2 lemons, cut into quarters
Tips and Suggestions
The ingredients in this recipe help to improve circulation, supplies oxygen to cells, helps to strengthen tendons and bones as well as calming nerves.
Sardines boost circulation and help build red blood cells, which in turn increase the flow of oxygen around the body, and strengthen tendons and bones.
Here, they are cooked with flavoursome ingredients including basil, which has a soothing and supporting action on the mind and cognitive processes, and rosemary, which has anti-inflammatory properties.
1. For the tomato salsa: Mix all of the ingredients well and season to taste.
2. For the fish: Preheat the grill to a moderate heat. Arrange the large rosemary sprigs on a grill pan and lay the sardines on top. Drizzle with the olive oil and season with sea salt and black pepper.
3. Grill the sardines for 35 minutes on each side or until cooked, they should be opaque, but still firm.
4. Divide the sardines and salsa between 4 serving plates, place 12 lemon quarters on each plate, and serve with a green salad and boiled new potatoes.
Looking for something else? Take a look at lots more of our fish recipes.
Rate This Recipe