- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 salmon, each 160g, skinned
- 1 tsp freshly ground mace
- 1 tsp crushed black pepper
- 1 tsp flakes sea salt
- freshly squeezed juice of 1/2 lemons
For the sauteed spinach:
- 25 g butter
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 225 g spinach leaves
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- pinch of freshly grated nutmeg
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
1. Heat the butter in a large saucepan. Once melted, add the garlic, then the spinach, stirring well.
2. Mix in the lemon juice, season with the nutmeg, salt and freshly ground pepper. Cover the pan and turn off the heat.
3. Set aside for 5 minutes until the spinach is slightly wilted.
4. Meanwhile, preheat the grill. Season the salmon fillets with the mace, black pepper and sea-salt.
5. Place the salmon on the hot grill and grill for 2 minutes, without moving.
6. Turn the salmon fillets over and cook for a further 2 minutes, until a white residue appears around the edge of the salmon. Once this appears, remove the salmon and rest for 1 minute.
7. Squeeze the lemon juice over the salmon just before serving. Serve the salmon with the spinach.
Rate This Recipe