- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 2 hours soaking
- Effort: medium
- 8 medium-sized squid, cleaned (you want the body of the squid)
- milk, for soaking
- 1 red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tsp finely chopped rosemary
- 90 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- 250 g wild rocket, washed and drained
- drizzle of balsamic vinegar
- lemon wedges, optional, to serve
1. Using a small sharp knife, score the inside of the body of each squid to form a diagonal pattern. Place in a bowl of milk and leave for two hours.
2. Remove, wash thoroughly and pat dry. Mix together the chilli, garlic and rosemary with half the olive oil and lemon juice and rub this all over the squid. Heat a griddle pan to mediumhot. Place the squid on the pan, scored side down, and brush with a little of the remaining oil. Cook for 4-5 minutes, turn the squid over and brush with more oil. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until the squid curls up and is tender.
3. Slice each squid in half. Place in a bowl and toss with the parsley and the remaining oil and lemon juice, season to taste with sea salt flakes and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Put the rocket in a large bowl and toss with a drizzle of extra oil and some balsamic vinegar, season. Place the rocket on 4 serving plates, arrange the squid on top and spoon over the dressing left in the bowl. Serve hot with lemon wedges if you like.
Rate This Recipe