- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus 2 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 4 x 250 g squid, cleaned
- 1 lemon, zest only
- large pinch cumin
- pinches sea salt
- 1 cloves garlic, crushed
- extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 1/2 handfuls coriander, chopped
1. Make a cut down one side of the squid body tubes and open them out. Score the flesh to help the marinade infuse.
2. Mix together the lemon zest, cumin, sea salt, garlic and a little olive oil and rub into the squid. Leave to marinate for a minimum of 2 hours in the fridge.
3. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Grill the squid on both sides for no more than 2 minutes - ensure you get those lovely black grill lines across the flesh. Push the squid down with the back of a fish slice and do the same with the tentacles.
4. Serve on a plate with a sprinkling of sea salt, the lemon juice and a sprinkling of fresh chopped coriander.
Rate This Recipe