- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 shallot, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- pinch of Spanish smoked paprika
- 250 g Puy lentils
- 125 ml red wine
- 300 ml veal stock
- sprig of thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 French black pudding
- black pepper
- 8 squid tubes, cleaned and scored
1. Heat the oil in a frying pan over a medium heat and fry the shallots and garlic with the paprika, until softened.
2. Add the lentils and cook for a further minute.
3. Add the red wine, stock, thyme and bay leaf. Bring to the boil and simmer for about 20 minutes or so, until the lentils have softened, adding more stock if needed.
4. Remove the skin from the black puddings and add to the lentils. Reduce to a thickened sauce consistency. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Meanwhile, heat a griddle pan and cook the squid for about 2 minutes or so, until opaque. Arrange the squid on the plate, spoon over lashings of Puy lentils and serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe