- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 200 g swordfish steaks
- 1 lemon
- 3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 6 tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 1 x 400 g can butter beans, drained
- 1 x 400 g carton tomato sauce, for pasta
- black pepper
1. Cut the swordfish steak in half, widthways, to make 2 escalopes.
2. Cut the lemon in half. Grate the zest from half the lemon and mix with one-third of the crushed garlic. Add half the olive oil and marinate the swordfish in the mixture for 15 minutes.
3. Cut the remaining lemon half into wedges.
4. Heat the remaining oil in a frying pan and fry the carrot, onion and the rest of the garlic for a couple of seconds until softened slightly.
5. Add the butter beans and pasta sauce and simmer for 20 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
6. Heat a griddle pan over a medium heat. Squeeze the juice of the zested lemon half over the fish and season with salt and pepper.
7. Sear the fish for 40 seconds on each side and serve with the bean stew. Accompany with lemon wedges on the side.
Rate This Recipe