- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes plus 12-24 hrs marinating
- Effort: easy
- 170 g fresh palm hearts, finely sliced
- 1 bunches coriander, chopped
- 235 ml orange juice
- 60 ml lemon juice
- 1 grapefruit, juice only
- 1 red pepper
- 30 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 30 ml champagne vinegar
- 4 x 225 g swordfish steaks
1. Place the palm hearts into a large bowl and add half the coriander and the orange, lemon and grapefruit juice. Leave to marinate for several hours - overnight if possible.
2. Drain the hearts and tip into a bowl, reserving the marinade.
3. Grill the pepper under a hot grill until charred all over. Place in a plastic bag, seal tightly, and leave until cold. Peel the pepper and remove the seeds. Cut into strips and add to the palm hearts.
4. Stir in the olive oil, vinegar and 60ml of the reserved marinade from the palm hearts.
5. Toss in the remaining coriander and season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
6. Heat a ridged grill pan until very hot and cook the swordfish steaks for 2-3 minutes on both sides, turning half way through to create criss-cross grill marks. Serve hot, with the salad.
Rate This Recipe