- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 2-3 days infusing
- Effort: easy
- sprigs rosemary, rinsed and dried thoroughly
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tuna steaks
- black pepper
- 300 g salsify
- 400 g tinned borlotti beans, drained
- 100 g potatoes, ooked and diced
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 4 limes, juice
- 1 garlic, chopped
1. Place the rosemary in the oil and set aside to infuse for 2-3 days.
2. Brush the tuna steaks with a little of rosemary oil and season with salt and freshly ground pepper.
3. Heat a griddle pan until very hot. Griddle the tuna, allowing 2-3 minutes on each side.
4. Place the griddled tuna in the centre of a serving plate. Peel and cut the salsify into one-inch chunks and boil until tender. Arrange the drained salsify, borlotti beans, potato and red onion on a plate and top with the tuna.
5. Mix the lime juice and garlic with the remaining rosemary oil. Spoon it over the vegetables and serve at once.
Rate This Recipe