- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus marinating overnight
- Effort: easy
For the salmon
- 6 tbsp white miso
- 1/2 ruby grapefruit, juice and pulp
- 1 tbsp ginger juice, (see Cooks Note)
- 2 x 160g thick salmon fillet
- oil, for greasing
For the salted cucumber
- 1/4 cucumber, deseeded and sliced
- 2 tbsp sea salt
- 5 tbsp sushi vinegar
- 1 pinches black sesame seeds
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges, to serve
Tips and Suggestions
To make the ginger juice, simple grate some root ginger into a muslin cloth and use to squeeze out the juice.
1. For the salmon: whisk together the white miso, ruby grapefruit juice, pulp and ginger juice in a bowl. Add the salmon and coat evenly in the marinade, then cover with cling film and marinate in the fridge for 12-24 hours.
2. Preheat the grill to high. Remove the fish from the marinade and place onto a greased baking tray. Grill for 8-10 minutes, or until the fish is cooked through and the fish has caramelised around the edges.
3. For the salted cucumber: place the cucumber into a colander and sprinkle over the salt. Leave for about five minutes, with the bowl underneath the colander to catch any liquid. Wash the salt off the cucumber, pat dry with kitchen paper, then dress with the sushi vinegar and sprinkle over the black sesame seeds.
4. To serve, spoon the salted cucumber onto serving plates and place a salmon fillet on each. Serve with a slice of lemon on the side.
Rate This Recipe