- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 800 g squid, cleaned
- 800 g yams, peeled, halved and simmered until soft
- 12 baby sweetcorn
- 2 baby pak choi, cut in half and steamed
For the mango salsa
- 1 red onion, finely diced
- 1 lime, finely grated zest and juice
- 1 large red chilli, seeds removed and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 just ripe mango, peeled, stone removed and cut into small dice
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus a little extra for grilling
- 16 large basil
1. Make the mango salsa first: mix the diced red onion with the lime zest, juice, the chopped chilli, sugar, and salt. Stir in the diced mango, 100ml olive oil and basil leaves. Decant into a large dish with raised sides and set aside.
2. Preheat a grill or barbecue.
3. Cut the squid tentacles into 4 and the bodies into triangles and score in a criss-cross pattern with a sharp knife. Dry very well, toss with a little oil and set aside.
4. Toss the yams with a little oil, salt and pepper and grill for about 2 minutes on each side. Transfer to the dish with the salsa.
5. Grill the baby corn for 3 minutes. Transfer to the salsa and toss together.
6. Heat the grill to very hot and grill the squid for 1 minute on each side and toss with the salsa.
7. To serve: place the steamed pak choi onto a large dish and spoon the squid, vegetables and salsa over the top.
Rate This Recipe