- Serves: 6 as a dip
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 6 tomatillos
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 ripe medium avocado, peeled, stones removed and sliced
- 2 serrano chillies, seeds removed
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 onions, finely chopped
- 1 limes, juice
1. Using a mortar and pestle, pound the tomatillos or green tomatoes with the garlic and serrano chillies until smooth.
2. Add the sliced avocados and mash them in with the tomatillos - leave in a few lumps to give it some texture.
3. Stir in the coriander and onion, and sharpen with lime juice to taste. Serve straight away with tortilla chips or sticks of crunchy raw vegetables.
Rate This Recipe