- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 3-4 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 1 large red onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 green chilli, finely chopped
- 3 medium avocado, peeled and stone removed
- 3 tbsp chopped coriander
- 2 limes, juice only
- 8 ripe tomatoes, cubed
- 1 pinches brown sugar
- tortilla chips
1. Heat a little olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan and fry half the onion, garlic and a pinch of the chopped chilli until the onion is translucent. Transfer the mixture to a bowl.
2. Add the avocado flesh, stir in half the chopped coriander, season with 1 tablespoon of the lime juice and a pinch of salt and freshly ground pepper and blend to a paste with a stick blender.
3. In another bowl, combine the tomatoes, olive oil, sugar, the remaining onion and lime juice, and a little salt and freshly ground pepper. Stir through the remaining coriander, and also the remaining chopped chilli, depending on your taste.
4. Spoon the tomato salsa into the bottom of four small tumblers.
5. Spoon over the guacamole purée then serve at once with tortilla chips.
Rate This Recipe