- Serves: Guacamole 8-10, Margarita 2
- Prep Time: 15 minutes plus 15 mins resting time
- Effort: easy
For the guacamole
- 3 hass avocados, halved and stoned
- 1 small bunch coriander, leaves and stalks very finely chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 vine tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1/2 jalapeno chilli, very finely chopped, with seeds, or to taste
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 2 limes
- corn tortilla chips, to serve
For the margaritas
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 ml water
- 1 lime wedge
- ground sea salt
- 2 measures freshly squeezed lime juice
- 6 ice cubes
- 4 measures white (blanco) tequila
1. For the guacamole: scoop the avocado from its skin into a bowl and mash it well with a fork (or do this in a pestle and mortar.) Add the chopped coriander, red onion and tomato. Season with a pinch of sea salt and add chilli and sunflower oil.
2. Squeeze in the juice from the limes, you dont necessarily need it all. Allow to rest for 15 minutes and check seasoning once more before serving
3. For the margarita: to make the sugar syrup, dissolve the sugar in the water over a low heat and leave to cool.
4. Take your martini glasses or small tumblers and run a lime wedge around each rim. Upend the glasses and press lightly on a small side plate of ground sea salt. Turn the right way up.
5. Squish the limes on a squeezer, or through a sieve, catching the pips. Fill the cocktail shaker with the ice. Pour over the tequila, sugar syrup and freshly squeezed lime juice.
6. Put on the cap of the cocktail shaker and shake vigorously 15 times, and its ready to pour.
Rate This Recipe