- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus churning
- Effort: easy
- 1 loaf of Guernsey gauche bread, (or fruit bread)sliced
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 1.2 litres Guernsey double cream
- 4 tbsp Tipple liquor or Baileys Irish cream liqueur
- strawberries, to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 200ºC/gas 6.
2. Crumble the gauche or fruit bread onto a non-stick baking sheet. Sprinkle over the brown sugar.
3. Bake the bread mixture until the sugars begins to melt and caramelise, around 5 minutes, taking care not to let it burn. Set aside to cool.
4. Place the cream in a large mixing bowl. Add the caramelised breadcrumbs and the Tipple or Baileys and mix together well.
5. Churn the mixture in an ice cream maker, following manufacturer's instructions, and freeze.
6. Serve with strawberries.
Rate This Recipe