- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes plus cooling and chilling
- Effort: easy
- 50 g basmati rice
- 1 litres full-fat milk
- 50 g sugar
- 2 tbsp rose water
- 100 ml double cream
- 60 g confit de roses
- rose petals, to decorate
Tips and Suggestions
You can buy confit de roses and dried rose petals at Indian grocery stores. If you use fresh rose petals to decorate, make sure they have not been sprayed.
1. Cook rice in boiling water. Drain, then crush with a pestle and mortar.
2. Boil the milk in a large saucepan.
3. Add a little of the hot milk to the rice and mix to a paste. Stir the paste into the milk and simmer until thickened.
4. Stir in the sugar and bring to the boil. Add the rose water and cook for a few minutes.
5. Stir in the cream and confit de roses. Remove from the heat.
6. Pour into ramekins and allow to cool completely. Chill in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
7. Decorate with rose petals just before serving.
Rate This Recipe