- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 gullï¿½s eggs
- 500 g Italian purple asparagus
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 25 g parmesan shavings
Tips and Suggestions
Gulls eggs are in season around the same time as asparagus. They are generally only available from specialist suppliers in Britain and so you're more likely to find them on a restuarant menu than in any local shop.
1. Bring 2 pans of water to the boil, one of them salted. Snap off the woody ends from the asparagus and add the spears to the salted boiling pan. Boil for 4 - 5 minutes until tender.
2. Gently lower the gull's eggs into the other pan and simmer gently for 4 minutes, taking great care that the eggs don't bounce around too much during cooking as the shells are very delicate.
3. Remove the eggs from the water and leave until cool enough to handle, then gently peel off the shells.
4. Drain the asparagus, toss in the olive oil, season with salt and pepper and divide between 4 plates. Gently place 2 gull's eggs on each and scatter over the parmesan.
Rate This Recipe