- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and diced
- 600 ml fish stock
- 300 ml milk
- 150 ml double cream
- 250 g tinned sweetcorn, drained
- 450 g smoked haddock, or cod, skin removed, boneless
- 2 tbsp chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp snipped chives
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan over a gentle heat. Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes. Stir in the potatoes and continue cooking for a further minute.
2. Pour in the stock, cover the pan, and simmer for 12-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Using a slotted spoon, remove half the potatoes from the stock and set aside.
3. Ladle the remaining potatoes in the pan into an electric blender. Pour over the stock and milk, and blitz until smooth. You'll probably need to do this in batches. Pour the chowder back into the pan.
4. Stir in the cream and add the sweet corn - simmer for 2 minutes.
5. Dice the fish and add to the pan along with the reserved potatoes. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
6. Stir in the parsley and chives and season with freshly ground black pepper. Ladle into 4 warm bowls and serve with crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe