- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 hake fillets, (about 175g each) or cod or haddock, skin on
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 generous pinches salt
- 1 tbsp plain flour
- 10 small clams, scrubbed
1. Combine the olive oil, half the parsley, and the garlic in a frying pan large enough to hold the fish and clams in a single layer.
2. Sprinkle the hake on both sides with salt and add to the pan skin side down.
3. Dust the fish with flour, then add the clams and 150ml water and bring to a simmer.
4. Cook for 2 minutes, then turn the fish, lower the heat and simmer very gently until the clams open and the fish is cooked through, about 5 minutes.
5. Divide the fish and clams among four plates, stir the pan juices, and spoon over the fish and into the clams. Sprinkle with the remaining parsley and serve.
Rate This Recipe