- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- 6 hake steaks
- black pepper
- 2 clove garlic, finely sliced
- 5-6 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemons
- handful of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Add the olive oil to a frying pan and heat until very hot.
2. Season the hake steaks with a light sprinkling of sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Lay the fish in the pan and fry for a minute or two, and then add the garlic. Keep frying until the garlic is golden brown, with a sweet flavour.
4. Turn the fish after 3-4 minutes and cook it for 3 minutes on the other side. Make sure the garlic doesn't burn. Remove the fish from the pan, to a serving dish.
5. With the pan off the heat, add a good splash of your finest extra virgin olive oil and a pinch of sea salt to the garlic juices left in the pan. The residual heat of the pan will be sufficient to warm it all through; there is no need to put it back on the flame.
6. Add a good squeeze of lemon juice, then the parsley, give it all a good stir, and then serve immediately.
Rate This Recipe