- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 100 g plain flour
- black pepper
- 500 g hake fillets
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 200 ml dry white wine
- a pinch of turmeric
- juice of 2 lemons
- g large capers
- 1 lemon, segmented
- 1 preserved lemons, cut into thin slices
- a bunch of tarragon, leaves picked, stems discarded
1. Season the flour generously with salt and freshly ground pepper. Cut the hake fillet into 4 even-sized pieces. Coat the hake fillets in the seasoned flour.
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large heavy-based frying pan.
3. Fry the hake fillets for 4 minutes on each side. Remove the hake from the pan and keep warm.
4. Add the white wine, turmeric, lemon juice and capers. Bring to the boil and cook briskly for 2 minutes.
5. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Add the lemon segments and the preserved lemon slices. Cook for 1 more minute.
6. Add the tarragon and remaining olive oil.
7. Serve the hake fillets smothered with the lemon sauce.
Rate This Recipe