- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 x 290 g jar roasted peppers, drained and cut into quarters
- 1 tbsp freshleaves rosemary, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 50 g almonds
- 50 g drywhite breadcrumbs
- 2 courgettes
- 4 x 150 g portions of hake, skin on
- salt and black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 100C/gas ¼.
2. Lay the peppers on a baking sheet. Sprinkle over the rosemary, garlic, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and season. Place in the oven and bake for 2 hours to dry out the peppers. Remove from the oven and allow to cool. Increase the oven temperature to 180C/gas 4.
3. Once cool, place the peppers in a food processor with the almonds and breadcrumbs and blend until they have a sandy texture.
4. Slice the courgettes into discs 5mm thick. Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a non-stick frying pan, add the courgettes and season. Cook for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden. Remove from the pan and set aside.
5. Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil in the frying pan over a high heat. Add the hake portions, skin-side down and cook for 2 minutes, or until the skin is golden brown.
6. Transfer to a baking sheet skin-side up and sprinkle the prepared topping over the fish.
7. Bake in the oven for 5-7 minutes, until the flesh offers no resistance when you pierce it with the top of a knife. Place the courgettes on individual plates and top with a piece of hake.
8. Finish by spooning over some of the cooking juices.
Rate This Recipe