- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 small tub potted brown shrimps
- 1 halibut steak, bone removed
- olive oil, for frying
- 4-5 scallops, coral and muscle removed
- 40 g butter
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1 cucumber, quartered lengthways, seeds removed and finely diced
- 1 bunches flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- 1 lemon, juice only
1. Put the potted shrimps into a small saucepan and heat gently until the butter melts. Remove from the heat and drain, reserving shrimps and melted butter separately.
2. Season the fish with a little salt.
3. Heat some olive oil in a heavy-based frying pan and add the fish and scallops. Cook until golden on one side, then turn and cook on the other side.
4. Remove the scallops from the pan as soon as they are cooked and put aside to rest. Allow the fish to continue to cook for another 2-3 minutes, and then set aside along with the scallops.
5. Melt the butter in a heavy-based frying pan. Allow to turn a good brown colour without actually burning (this is called beurre noisette), then add the spring onions and cucumber.
6. Stir in the brown shrimps, then add a handful of chopped parsley and a good squeeze of lemon. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
7. To serve, pile the halibut and scallops onto a plate and spoon over the brown shrimp sauce.
Rate This Recipe