- Serves: Serves 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes , plus 5 minutes resting
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 4 halibut steaks, about 200g each
- freshly ground salt and black pepper
- tbsp capers, in brine drained
- 4 tbsp Pernod
- 50 g butter, cut into 4 cubes
- 4 slices lemons
1. Heat the oven to 180°C/gas 5. Cut four 25cm squares of greaseproof paper. Lay them flat and place a halibut steak in the centre of each. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper. Sprinkle a tablespoon of capers and a tablespoon of Pernod over each steak. Top with a cube of butter, sprinkle over lemon juice and top with a lemon slice.
2. Fold over or scrunch up the paper to form parcels and place in a baking dish. Bake the parcels in the oven for 15-20 minutes until just firm to the touch (feel through the paper).
3. Leave the parcels to rest for 5 minutes then transfer each parcel to a warmed serving plate and serve.
Rate This Recipe