- Serves: 1
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g halibut fillets, skin removed
- flour, for dusting
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 rashersstreaky bacon, sliced
- half clove garlic, sliced
- 1 tbsp thyme, leaves only
- half small Savoy cabbage, core removed, sliced into chunks
- 3 tbsp white wine
- 2 oysters
1. Dip one side of the halibut into the flour. Shake off the excess and using a pastry brush, paint on a layer of butter over the flour. This will give a lovely golden crust on top.
2. Heat the olive oil in a non-stick frying pan and put the halibut flour side down into it. Once golden, turn and cook on the other side.
3. In another frying pan, cook the bacon and when it begins to colour, add the garlic, thyme and cabbage. Pour in the wine and season - be generous with the pepper.
4. When the cabbage is almost cooked and the alcohol has evaporated, drop the oysters and any liquid from the shells into the pan with the cabbage. Remove the pan from the heat and spoon onto a serving plate.
5. To finish, turn the halibut onto its side and cook the edges for 15 seconds each. Arrange the fish on the plate with the cabbage and serve.
Rate This Recipe