- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the shrimp butter
- 250 g butter
- 1/2 tsp thyme, leaves only
- 1/2 tsp freshly ground salt and black pepper
- 100 g potted shrimps
For the favetta
- 400 g broad beans
- 1 handfuls thyme, leaves only
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 100 ml extra virgin olive oil
- coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
For the fish
- 2 x 150 g halibut fillets
- 2 seasoned flour
- 2 tbsp butter
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas 6.
2. To make the butter, put the butter, thyme, shrimps, salt and pepper into a blender and process until smooth. Set aside.
3. For the favetta; blanch the beans in boiling water for no more than 2 minutes, then plunge into ice-cold water. Drain the beans and peel off the tough outer skins.
4. Put the beans, thyme, garlic and lemon juice in a blender and pulse until smooth. With the motor still running, gradually pour in the oil and blend until the consistency of hummus. Turn out into a bowl, season and set aside.
5. Coat the halibut fillets in seasoned flour, shaking off any excess. Melt the butter in an ovenproof frying pan. And cook the fish for 2 minutes on each side, before transferring to the oven for a further 3 minutes.
6. Serve the halibut in the centre of the plate with the favetta around the edge. Top with a pat of shrimp butter and serve.
Rate This Recipe