- Serves: 4
- Cook Time:
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 small bulbs fennel
- lemon juice, to taste
- olive oil, to taste
- about 600 ml water
- 200 g polenta
- 100 g butter
- 100 g grated parmesan
- 4 boneless halibut fillets, skin attached
- splashes olive oil
- 5 spring onions, finely chopped
- 200 g white crab meat
- 200 g pea shoots, dressed with olive oil and lemon juice
1. Peel off the outside of the fennel with a vegetable peeler and then cut the bulbs thinly on a mandoline. Place the fennel in a bowl and dress with lemon and olive oil, to taste. Cover and place in the fridge.
2. Pour the measured water into a saucepan and bring to the boil, then immediately turn down to a simmer and pour in the polenta in a steady stream. Stir constantly to remove any lumps, turn down to a low simmer and cook for 40-50 minutes. It will bubble, so take care not to get burnt and stir often.
3. Once thickened, add the butter and cheese and set aside, covered.
4. Season the halibut with salt and pepper, to taste. Heat a frying pan, add a splash of olive oil and fry the halibut for about 3 minutes on each side (depending on thickness) until golden-brown and cooked through.
5. Add the spring onions and crab to the still-warm polenta and add salt and pepper, to taste.
6. Serve the polenta and halibut with the dressed pea shoots and fennel.
Rate This Recipe