- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 30 minutes plus 1 hr 30 mins rising
- Effort: medium
- 500 g plain flour
- 15 g salt
- 20 g fast action dried yeast
- 80 ml olive oil
- 90 ml milk
- 90 ml tepid water
- 150 g halloumi cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp dried mint
- olive salad, to serve
1. In a large mixing bowl, mix together the flour, salt, yeast, olive oil, milk and water together to form a smooth dough. Knead until smooth.
2. Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl, cover with cling film and leave in a warm place to rise for 1 hour.
3. Break down the dough and mix in the halloumi and dried mint.
4. Shape the dough into a ball, place on a greased baking sheet, cover and leave to rise in a warm place for another hour.
5. Preheat the oven to 230ºC/gas 8. Bake the bread for 30 minutes until golden and cooked through.
6. Cool the bread on a wire rack.
7. Serve the halloumi bread with an olive salad.
Rate This Recipe