- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 bunches broccolini, or tenderstem broccoli, trimmed
- 1 chilli, finely chopped
- 30 g fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 lemon, zest
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 chorizo sausages, sliced into rounds
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 ripe tomato, finely chopped
- 250 g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- 30 g flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
1. Blanch the broccolini in some salted boiling water for 5 minutes. Drain and allow to cool.
2. In a large non-stick frying pan add 1 tbs of the olive oil. On medium heat add the chilli, breadcrumbs and lemon zest. With a wooden spoon, stir for 3 minutes until just golden brown. Now add the garlic. Remove from the pan and set aside.
3. Place the same pan back on the heat and fry the chorizo until browned on each side. Remove from the heat and drain the oil into a separate bowl.
4. Add the mustard, vinegar, oil and tomato to the chorizo oil. Season and mix until combined.
5. Still using the same pan fry the halloumi slices until golden brown on each side.
6. To serve, place broccolini, chorizo sausage, breadcrumb mix and halloumi on a platter, drizzle with tomato vinaigrette and finally garnish with parsley.
Rate This Recipe