- Serves: 2 as a main, 4 as a side
- Cook Time: 45 minutes less if red onion and bulgar wheat cooked at same time
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 vegetable stock cube
- 150 g bulgar wheat
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 150 g halloumi cheese, chopped into 1cm slices
- 40 g rocket
- 20 g mint, coarsely chopped
- 20 g cashew nuts
- 10 g pumpkin seeds
- 1 pomegranate
Tips and Suggestions
Pomegranates are messy so if you dont want a pink chopping board put a layer of cling film over it before you start chopping
1. Bring 350ml of water to the boil with two thirds of the vegetable stock cube. Pour in the bulgar wheat, place a lid on the saucepan and rest off the heat for 25 minutes, or until the water has completely soaked into the wheat.
2. Cook the red onion in two teaspoons of olive oil on medium low heat for 15 minutes until they are soft and sweet. Keep an eye on them to make sure they dont burn.
3. Pre-heat the grill to a high heat and then brush the halloumi slices with a little bit of olive oil, put them on a baking tray and then put them on the highest shelf of the grill as close to the heat as possible. Grill each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown. At this point take them out and keep them to the side for later
4. Once the bulgar wheat is ready, break it up using a fork and mix it together with the rocket, mint, halloumi, red onion, cashew nuts and pumpkin seeds.
5. Cut your pomegranate in half lengthways and then cut each of those halves lengthways again. Take each piece and remove the seeds by teasing them out with a spoon. Scatter on the tabbouleh and serve.
This recipe is from grocery delivery service and recipe supplier Hello Fresh.
For more light meals take a look at our picnic recipes.
Rate This Recipe