- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Prep Time: 40 minutes
- Effort: medium
For the roasted pumpkin
- 750 g pumpkin, or 1 small butternut squash
- 1 lemon, juice only
- 150 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- pinches cayenne pepper
- 2 balls buffalo mozzarella, drained
- 10 dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp pumpkin seeds
- 10 large mint leaves, shredded
For the prawns
- 12 large langoustines
- 12 large unpeeled tiger prawns
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tsp tomato purée
- 100 g unsalted butter, softened
- cayenne pepper
1. Preheat the grill to its highest setting. Peel the pumpkin and remove the seeds. Finely slice, and arrange on an oven tray in a single layer.
2. Combine the lemon juice and 75ml of the olive oil. Brush evenly over the top of the pumpkin and season well with salt and cayenne pepper.
3. Grill the pumpkin for 3-4 minutes on each side, until the edges are brown and crisp.
4. Lay the pumpkin out over a large serving platter.
5. Slice the mozzarella and arrange over the top of the pumpkin.
6. Mix the apricots, pumpkin seeds, mint and remaining olive oil. Season with salt and cayenne pepper, and spoon over the top of the pumpkin and mozzarella.
7. Split the langoustines and tiger prawns down the centre and remove their thin intestinal cord. Reserve any coral for the garlic butter. Lay them, cut side up, onto a baking sheet.
8. In a small bowl, combine the garlic, tomato paste and butter together with the coral, if there is any.
9. Season to taste with salt and cayenne pepper.
10. Smear the flavoured butter over the langoustines and prawns.
11. Grill for 5 minutes, until the thickest part of the prawn near the head, is pink and no longer transparent. Place the prawns on top of the grilled pumpkin and serve.
Rate This Recipe