- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 8 plum tomatoes
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- sea salt, and freshly ground black pepper
- sprigs of thyme
- 400 g fine green beans, topped (or substitute young asparagus, trimmed)
- 400 g halloumi cheese
- lemon wedges, to serve
For the dressing:
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- tbsp tiny capers, rinsed
- 1 tbsp parsley, or dill, finely chopped
1. Set the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise, arrange in a roasting pan, drizzle with 1 tbsp olive oil, season with salt, pepper and thyme and bake for 30 minutes until soft.
2. Cook the beans or asparagus in simmering salted water for 5 minutes.
3. Rinse the haloumi, and cut into slices a little less than 1cm thick. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a non stick frying pan, and sizzle the haloumi slices until golden brown, taking care not to burn them. Turn briefly and sizzle the other side.
4. Whisk the lemon juice, olive oil, capers and parsley together. Drain the beans or asparagus and toss in the dressing. Arrange tomatoes and beans or asparagus on four dinner plates, and top with halloumi. Drizzle the dressing on top and serve with lemon.
Rate This Recipe