- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 9 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the tortilla
- 3 large potatoes, thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 1 Spanish onion, peeled and thinly sliced on a mandoline
- 70 g aged manchego cheese, grated
- 50 g Iberico ham, or a quality Serrano ham, cut into lardons
- 4-5 eggs, beaten
- olive oil
For the salad
- 5 caper berries, stalked removed and sliced
- 1/2 head chicory, core removed and leaves finely sliced
- 2-3 fresh marjoram leaves
- 1/2 head fennel, core removed and finely sliced on mandolin
- 3 tbsp muscated vinegar
- extra virgin olive oil
1. Preheat the oven to 200C/gas mark 6.
2. For the tortilla: heat drizzles of olive oil in two separate pans and cook the onions and potatoes separately for 5-6 minutes, or until softened but not coloured. Once the onions and potatoes are softened, remove from the pans and stir together in a bow. Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Mix the beaten eggs into the bowl with the potatoes and onions, followed by the ham and cheese.
4. Heat a tortilla pans or small ovenproof frying pan over a high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil, then pour the egg mixture into the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes, then place into the oven for a further 4-5 minutes, or until the tortilla is sealed on top but still soft in the centre.
5. Remove the pan from the oven and allow the tortilla to rest for a few minutes.
6. For the salad: mix the caper berries, chicory, marjoram leaves and fennel together. Whisk the muscatel vinegar together in a small bowl with a few tablespoons of olive oil, then drizzle over the salad. Toss well to coat.
7. To serve, turn the tortilla out onto a plate and cut out wedges to serve alongside the fennel and chicory salad.
Rate This Recipe