- Serves: 2-3
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 50 g butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 200 g finely sliced smoked ham, cut into strips
- 1000 g Desiree or King Edward potatoes, boiled but still holding their shape
- black pepper
- 1/2 Reblochon cheese or brie, halved across the cheese so that the half is circular
- 2 large cloves garlic, roughly chopped
- 8 sprigs rosemary
- 3 tbsp fruity white wine
- 1 tsp ground mustard powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- dressed mixed salad leaves, (rocket, watercress, lamb's lettuce, baby spinach) to serve
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/gas 4.
2. Melt the butter in a heavy based, circular, ovenproof frying pan.
3. Add the onion and fry gently for 2-3 minutes.
4. Add the ham and fry, stirring, for 2 minutes.
5. Carefully slice the potatoes into rounds and add them to the pan. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper and stir gently, taking care not to break the potato slices.
6. Level off the potato mixture and place the Reblochon on top.
7. Stud the cheese with the garlic and rosemary, then drizzle over the white wine.
8. Dust the dish with the mustard powder and paprika then bake in the oven for 15 - 20 minutes. Serve hot from the oven.
Rate This Recipe