- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 1 hour 20 minutes - 1 hour 50 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 ham hock, approximately 1 kg
- 50 g butter
- 50 g flour
- 300 ml milk
- 2 tbsp finely chopped parsley
- splash of white wine
- black pepper
- parsley mashed potato, to serve
1. Cook the ham hock in a large saucepan of water, simmering for 1 hour to 1 hour 30 minutes until the meat is falling off the bone.
2. Remove all the meat from the ham hock, leaving the meat in big natural chunks and put to one side.
3. Melt the butter in a heavy-based saucepan and add the flour stirring it in well with a wooden spoon. Slowly add the milk, stirring constantly until you achieve a smooth silky sauce.
4. Add a splash of white wine, the chopped parsley and season to taste with salt and freshly ground pepper.
5. Add the ham pieces to the parsley sauce and gently heat through. Serve the ham in parsley sauce with the freshly made parsley mash.
Rate This Recipe