- Serves: 4-6
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 500 g yellow courgettes, (2 large)
- 1 lemons, zest and juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1 litres chicken stock
- 100 g basmati rice
- 1 pinches sea salt, and pepper
1. Cut the courgettes - wash them by all means if you want, but don't bother to peel them - into 5mm rings, and then finely dice them.
2. Put them into a pan with the lemon zest and oil, stir to coat, then cook on a gentle heat for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally, until they've slightly softened,
3. Stir in the turmeric and pour in the stock and lemon juice and then drop in the rice.
4. I make up some bouillon concentrate with water, you could use vegetable stock if you prefer, but I love the mellow goldenness you get from chicken. Cook, uncovered, for 10-20 minutes, or just until the courgettes and rice are tender.
5. Leave to cool slightly before serving so that you eat the soup warm rather than hot.
Rate This Recipe