- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 3 shallots, finely sliced
- 1 stick celery
- 1x400g tin haricot beans, drained and rinsed
- 1.5 pints chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 sprigs thyme
- 60 g salted butter
- 170 ml double cream
- 1 summer truffle
1. Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Gently fry the shallots and celery until slightly softened. Add the beans and turn to coat in the vegetables.
2. Add the stock and thyme sprigs to the pan and bring to the boil. Simmer gently until the vegetables are soft, about 20 minutes.
3. Remove the thyme sprig and blend the mixture in a liquidizer. Push through a fine sieve back into the pan.
4. Reheat, adding the butter in small knobs, stirring continuously and taste for seasoning. Add the cream.
5. Pour into warmed bowls and shave over the truffle.
Rate This Recipe