- Serves: 4 as a side dish
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 5 minutes plus 30 minutes marinating
- Effort: easy
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp harissa, such as Belazu rose harissa
- 2 tbsp clear honey
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 generous pinches of sea salt
- 250 g asparagus
Tips and Suggestions
You could pour the marinade over the asparagus once it's cooked
1. In a small bowl, add the olive oil, harissa, honey, lemon zest and juice and sea salt and mix really well until the honey has dissolved properly into the mixture.
2. Place the asparagus into a shallow dish and pour over the marinade. Using your hands coat each asparagus spear in the marinade and then cover with cling film and allow to marinate for 30 minutes.
3. Preheat a heavy-based large frying pan or griddle pan over a medium-high heat and pan fry the asparagus for 8-10 minutes, allowing 4-5 minutes each side.
4. Serve hot or cold as part of a salad or as a side dish.
Want more? See lots more of our asparagus recipes.
Rate This Recipe