- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 3 hours 5 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1.5 kg leg of ham
- 1 pan hay
- 125ml cup white wine
- 125 ml double cream
- small handful tarragon, finely chopped
1. Set the oven to 180°C/gas 4. Place the half of the hay in a large casserole dish and put the ham on top of it. Cover with the remaining hay.
2. Fill the pan with water, cover with a lid and bring to the boil. Transfer to the oven and cook slowly for 3 hours.
3. Just before serving, make the sauce. Simply pour the wine into a medium saucepan and bring to boiling point, turn the heat down to a simmer and add the cream. Allow the sauce to bubble for several minutes until slightly thickened and then stir in the tarragon.
4. Remove the meat from the pan and serve with the tarragon cream sauce.
Rate This Recipe