- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: medium
- 3-4 tbsp goose fat
- 4 jersey royal potatoes, per person, cut into large dice
- 4-6 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 x 200 g sirloin steaks, or fillet steaks
1. Heat the goose fat in a large frying pan and when hot add the potatoes.
2. Reduce the heat, stir the potatoes to coat them in the fat, add the garlic and fry gently for around 20 minutes or until cooked through, tossing from time to time. For a crisper finish, increase the heat at the end of the cooking time. Season to taste with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
3. Heat a griddle or a heavy-based frying pan to smoking point, brush the olive oil on the steaks and cook them according to taste. Season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Allow the steaks to rest for at least 5 minutes, covering them loosely to keep warm before serving them with the potatoes.
5. Serve with a green salad and crusty bread.
Rate This Recipe