- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 225 g butter
- 90 g dark chocolate
- 140 g flour, sifted
- 140 g cocoa powder, sifted
- 90 g hazelnuts, chopped
- 5 eggs
- 150 g caster sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- ice cream
- raspberry coulis
1. Preheat the oven to 180ºC/gas 4.
2. Melt 60g of chocolate in a heatproof bowl suspended above a pan of simmering water.
3. Melt the butter in a small pan and set to one side.
4. In a large mixing bowl, using an electric beater, whisk the eggs and sugar until doubled in volume. Mix in the vanilla flavouring.
5. Fold the flour and cocoa into the egg mixture. Gradually mix in the melted butter, mixing well between each addition.
6. Mix in the melted chocolate and the hazelnuts.
7. Place four 13cm greaseproof paper-lined stainless steel rings on a baking sheet. Spoon the cake mixture into the rings. Break the remaining chocolate into 4 large chunks and place a chunk on top of each cake.
8. Bake the cakes for 15-20 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool.
9. Serve the cakes with ice cream and raspberry coulis.
Rate This Recipe