- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 lemon, zest and juice only
- 4 tsp honey
- 125 ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 1 loaf ciabatta, cut into 12 slices
- 1 cloves garlic, halved
- 1 bags mixed salad leaves
- 6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 200 g gorgonzola cheese, crumbled
- 100 g toasted hazelnuts, roughly chopped
1. Blanch the lemon zest in boiling water for 2 minutes, then drain and run under cold water. Pat dry and set aside.
2. Whisk together the lemon juice and honey and season with salt and black pepper. Gradually whisk in the olive oil to form a thick dressing. Taste and add more lemon juice or seasoning if necessary.
3. Preheat a griddle pan over a high heat.
4. Brush the ciabatta on both sides with the extra olive oil and griddle on both sides until crisp and charred in places. Rub the toast with the cut side of the garlic clove.
5. When ready to serve, toss the lettuce with half of the lemon zest and enough dressing to lightly coat.
6. Arrange half of the toasts on serving plates and spoon over some of the remaining dressing, then top each with a handful of salad. Top with the remaining toasts and salad.
7. Scatter the gorgonzola on top, followed by the chopped hazelnuts and finally the remaining lemon zest. Arrange the tomatoes around the edge of the plate, drizzle with the remaining dressing and serve.
Rate This Recipe