- Serves: 6
- Cook Time: 55 minutes
- Prep Time: 25 minutes
- Effort: easy
For the pastry
- 225 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 115 g butter, diced
- 2 tbsp icing sugar
- 1 orange, finely grated zest only
- 1 egg
For the filling
- 2 eggs
- 75 g caster sugar
- 115 g honey
- 75 g unsalted butter, diced
- 1 small orange, finely grated zest and juice
- 150 g shelled hazelnuts, chopped and toasted
- icing sugar, for dusting
1. For the pastry: preheat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4 and grease a 23cm diameter tart tin.
2. Sieve the flour into a mixing bowl, add the butter and rub it in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Sieve in the icing sugar then stir in the orange zest. Beat the egg with 1 tablespoon of water and add to the bowl, mixing to form a firm dough.
3. Dust a work surface with flour and roll out the pastry to a circle slightly larger than the tin. Line the tin with the pastry and prick the base with a fork. Leave to rest in the fridge for approximately 10 minutes.
4. Line the pastry case with parchment or greaseproof paper and fill with baking beans or rice and bake for 10 minutes.
5. For the filling: using an electric whisk, beat the eggs and caster sugar together. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, gently heat the honey and butter together. Pour the butter mixture to the egg mixture, then stir in the orange zest and juice. Add the toasted hazelnuts and a pinch of salt and stir until well combined.
6. Take the pastry case from the oven and remove the parchment paper and baking beans. Pour the hazelnut mixture into the tart case and continue baking for approximately 45 minutes or until the filling has set and is light brown in colour.
7. Place the tart on a wire rack to cool slightly, then dust lightly with icing sugar and serve warm.
Rate This Recipe