- Serves: 8
- Cook Time: 40 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 150 g peeled hazelnuts, toasted
- 150 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 150 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs
- 100 ml single cream
- 100 g melted butter
- icing sugar, to dust
1. Preheat the oven to 170C/150C fan/gas 4. Grease and line a 20cm loose bottom cake tin with baking parchment.
2. Grind the hazelnuts in a food processor until they are fine, but still have some texture.
3. Sieve over the flour and baking powder then stir in the caster sugar. Add the eggs, cream and melted butter and beat with a wooden spoon smooth and creamy in texture.
4. Pour the mixture into the lined cake tin and bake for 35-40 minutes until well risen and golden and a skewer inserted comes out clean.
5. Once baked, remove from the cake tin and leave to cool.
6. Serve lightly dusted with icing sugar. Delicious served with a Moscato Zabaglione.
Rate This Recipe