- Serves: 4
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 1 large parsnip
- 1 large carrot
- 1 large potato or sweet potatoes
- 1 large celeriac or beetroot
- extra-virgin olive oil
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220C/gas 7.
2. Using a potato peeler or mandolin, slice the vegetables into very thin, ribbon-like strips. Dry the slices well on kitchen paper - washing the potato slices in water first to remove the excess starch - then place in a large bowl and drizzle with the olive oil, tossing to coat.
3. Lay the vegetable slices out flat in a single layer on a baking sheet, season with salt and pepper and cook in the oven for 47 minutes until golden. Take out of the oven and carefully remove from the baking sheet with a fish slice or spatula. Place on kitchen paper before putting in shallow bowls to serve.
Apdapted from Rachel Allen Home Cooking (Collins)
Rate This Recipe