- Serves: makes 25 biscuits
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes plus 5 hrs chilling
- Effort: easy
- 225 g unsalted butter, at room temperature, diced
- 100 g caster sugar
- 200 g plain flour
- 100 g ground almonds
- 150 g seeded raspberry jam
- icing sugar, for dusting
Tips and Suggestions
The remaining scraps of dough can be used to make a new sheet of biscuits if you have enough. Or, if youre feeling particularly creative, they can be rolled out into thin strings or blobs to decorate the biscuits before baking simply press into the dough.
1. In a bowl or food processor, mix the butter, sugar, plain flour and ground almonds until the mixture forms a dough.
2. Knead the dough into a large ball, then cover in clingfilm and leave to chill in the fridge for at least 5 hours.
3. Preheat the oven to 140C/gas 1.
4. Remove the dough from the fridge and knead it until softened. Divide into three equal portions and roll each portion out into a sheet 5mm thick.
5. Using a heart-shaped cutter of 6cm, cut out an even number of biscuit shapes. Using a palette knife, carefully place half of the biscuits onto a greased baking sheet.
6. Using a smaller (preferably 2cm) cutter shape of your choice, punch out the middle portion of each of the remaining biscuit shapes. Carefully transfer these onto a baking sheet using a palette knife and bake both batches of biscuits for 30 minutes or until the biscuits are golden brown.
7. Remove the biscuits from the oven and take them off the baking tray straight away and put onto a cooling rack to cool completely.
8. Spread a generous blob of jam onto the centre of the whole biscuits, then place the biscuits with the cut-outs on top and press together so that the jam peeks out through the heart.
9. Sieve a little icing sugar over the top.
Rate This Recipe