- Serves: makes one 20cm round cake
- Cook Time: 30 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 85 g butter
- 85 g caster sugar
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 115 g heather honey
- 225 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
Tips and Suggestions
Don't be tempted to add a sweet icing, as this detracts from the flavour of the honey
1. Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4.
2. Butter a 20cm cake tin and line the base with baking parchment.
3. Cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Gradually add the eggs, followed by the honey.
5. Sift over the flour and baking powder and fold in gently to combine.
6. Turn the mixture into the prepared tin and level the surface.
7. Bake for 30 minutes, until golden and shrinking slightly from the sides of the tin.
8. Turn out and cool on a wire rack.
9. When cold, slice and serve spread with unsalted butter.
Rate This Recipe