- Serves: 2
- Cook Time: 10 minutes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Effort: easy
- 2 slices white split tin bread, crusts removed
- 3 tbsp olive oil, plus extra for frying
- 3-4 assorted coloured tomatoes, e.g. Brandy Wine tomatoes
- 1 red onion, finely sliced
- 1 large handful basil, mix of green and purple
- 1 splash red wine vinegar
1. Cut the slices of bread into small squares. Heat some olive oil in a frying pan, and fry the squares until golden. Season with a little salt.
2. Remove any coarse bits from the tomatoes and then roughly chop, and put into a large bowl. Rinse the finely sliced red onion in water, dry and then add to chopped tomatoes.
3. Put a couple of glugs of olive oil, and a handful of basil into a blender and whiz for a few seconds, season with salt and pepper and blend again, adding another glug of olive oil. Add a splash of red wine vinegar.
4. Spoon the dressing over the salad, add croutons and gently mix. Season to taste.
For quality ingredients look for a quality mark. Red Tractor beef and lamb is responsibly produced and provenance guaranteed.
Red Tractor beef and lamb: its a Good Food Story.
Rate This Recipe